^BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER PAGES ^

Hope you'll also enjoy browsing thru the rest of my blog!
There's a little bit of this-n-that everywhere!
It's what I like to call "Organized Chaos"

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!

Ohhhhhhhh.........Dear.

NEVER underestimate the importance of SunScreen/Block. I know I never will again!

We're in the process of getting ready to set up our new pool...well it was used for a few years, but it's new to us! Anyway....I was scrubbing down all the railings, polls, decking....getting it all cleaned up and nice looking.
Whereas the pool parts came out looking pretty as a picture...my FEET didn't!!!

In fact, that's why I'm 'rambling on' for a bit right now so that hopefully the pictures aren't the VERY FIRST thing that pops up with the screen shot should somebody just get on here~LOL

It actually looks worse in person...and especially in daylight!
It's red, It's swollen, It hurts to stand on, let along WALK on.....and SHOES?
For-friggin-get It!!

And yes...it's only on ONE foot! My other foot got a 'little' but not bad.....
Here's the main victim claimed by the sun's unsparing UV rays yesterday......
I actually have pretty small feet! I only wear a 6 1/2...but wow...is this puppy swollen!!
It's actually to the point where it's 'strawberried' a little w/white specs. Oh man, I hope I don't have sun poisoning!
I've been LATERHERING w/Aloe, Burn Lotions, cool rags....it felt as though the bed sheets would be capable of just scraping the top few layers of skin off!!
SO PLEASE.....
When you go outside
For the Fun in the Sun
Be sure to wear your lotions
Or for certain you will be DONE!

16 comments:

twiddlestix said...

Ouch! I really feel bad for you, that looks pretty painful.

Keala Legacy said...

owie owie owie ouch!!!

SkribblyKids said...

ouch!!

Thats going to peel like crazy!

Cherry Lane Jane said...

you poor thing! some people forget to put lotion on their feet, ears, back of their necks......it can be painful when you do... I hope it heals fast:)

MindyG said...

Ouch! Thanks for the reminder!

GreenSpaceGoods said...

Oh my, you poor thing! Get better soon :)

Tasha Early said...

believe you me, I've learned my lesson this summer. Ouch.

Anonymous said...

OH, ouch...that hurts just to look at the pics. I hope you are better now ;-)
Samma

Debbie said...

wow that looks painful

Unknown said...

wow that is really red!
I usually wear my sunscreen but its to easy to forget the feet and the back of the neck :s

Ladyhobbes said...

yeooowch!! :( Last time my feet got that bad I got horribly sun-sick, so I hope you feel ok.. *hug* Sorry you got burned so bad!

Anonymous said...

yikes !!!!! that looks painful

Anonymous said...

Hope the heat has died of a bit have you tried aloe vera plant

TheWoodyNook said...

LOL---thanks everybody for your well wishes!
I'm happy to report that I didn't suffer any horrible blistering or anything of the sort. Just some really bad 'itching' from being so dried out and then some good ol' healthy PEELING!! SHOCKINGLY it looks as though only ONE layer is going to peel off! LMAO!! Thought maybe it would've bared to the bone~haha!!

Dolores said...

I know what you are going through, I had that happen on the backs of my legs while I was painting my Mom's house. It was hard to even lay on them. Glad to hear you didn't loose anymore than one layer. Enjoy your new pool.
Craftydscreations

Himali said...

oopz lookz vry painful...

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name